Popular Wedding Dress Accessory Ideas
The wedding dress may be the focal point of your big-day attire, but every bride-to-be knows that the perfect accessory can take a dress from great to wow! Finding the right pieces to match your style can be overwhelming at first, but we’re here to break it down by giving you accessory ideas for four of our popular wedding gown styles.
If you’re dreaming of a retro, circa 1950’s tea-length gown, consider:
- Sash - A simple ribbon sash in a matching color will accentuate the waistline, and depending on the dress style, you can either tie the bow in the front or the back. Play with the options to see which one looks best.
- Birdcage Veil - Birdcage veils were all the rage in the 40's and 50's. Their short length pairs perfectly with a tea-length wedding dress.
- Gloves - A pair of gloves that stop at the wrists is a dainty detail that will complete your retro wedding look.
For the playfully quaint and fanciful bride, consider:
- Crystal Belt or Drape Sash - If you want to add a little playful drama to your whimsical dress, go for a long ribbon sash that drapes over your skirt or a crystal belt for some sparkle.
- Tiara - A princess definitely needs a crown, so if your dress is of the ball gown variety, consider a tiara that will work with your hairstyle.
- Long Veil - From fingertip to cathedral, a longer veil will look stunning with your fairy tale gown.
Jane Austen addicts will love accessorizing their dress with:
- Pearls - Pearls are timeless and look good with almost any dress, especially if it is of the vintage variety.
- Blusher Veils - The ladies of weddings past were called "blushing brides" for a reason. Blusher veils can be used to conceal your face from the groom until it's time to "kiss the bride."
- Brooch - A brooch is another classic accessory that can be pinned to the dress for a bit of sparkle or used to adorn the bridal bouquet.
- Hair Comb - If you're donning an up do, consider placing a jeweled comb in your hair for an extra bit of shine.
Bohemian brides will love accessorizing with:
- Mantilla Veils - A mantilla veil is the epitome of boho style with its long, floaty design and lace accents.
- Flowers - Whether it's a flower crown, crystal flower halo, or a flower bouquet hair clip, the bohemian bride will want to adorn herself with something floral.
- Embellished Cuffs - Make the everyday metallic cuff wedding ready by embellishing it with colorful jewels that match the wedding dress.
If you're still thinking about the kind of dress you want, we invite you to look at the popular dress styles listed here. ieie Bridal can customize any of these dresses or start fresh with the design you've always dreamed of. Design your own wedding dress with us and get the gown that perfectly expresses who you are!