The mermaid wedding dress is one of the most classic silhouettes in the bridal world. Both beautiful and dramatic, it's quite like the sea siren it's named after. What makes a mermaid wedding dress stand out from all the other styles is that it accentuates a woman's curves, hugging the body from the neckline until the knees where it flares out and gives the illusion of a mermaid's tail.
If you're looking for a wedding gown that will give you that va va voom bombshell shape, the mermaid silhouette is for you.
What's the Difference Between a Mermaid, Trumpet, and Fit and Flare Dress?
This is a common question for brides, as all three styles are similar, but they do have unique qualities and design features.
- Dramatic design
- Highlights the mid-section and enhances curves
- Fits tight across the body and abruptly flares below the knee
- Pulls the legs in, so not as easy to move in
- Best for hourglass shape
- More gradual flare than the mermaid silhouette
- Fits snug across the body until the mid-thigh
- Open skirt that creates the shape of a trumpet
- Best for hourglass-shaped brides who want a less constricting design
Fit and Flare:
- Hugs the body with a gradual flare
- Flare begins at the waistline and gives legs most room to move in
- Highlights the smallest part of the waist
- Best for pear shapes
Wearing a mermaid wedding dress down the aisle will give you that sexy, confident, bridal look. If you're ready to be a bombshell mermaid bride and say your "I dos" wearing this stunning style, take a look through our mermaid wedding dress collection and find the one that's perfect for you.