Mermaid Wedding Dresses for the Bombshell Bride
The mermaid wedding dress is one of the most classic silhouettes in the bridal world. Both beautiful and dramatic, it's quite like the sea siren it's named after. What makes a mermaid wedding dress stand out from all the other styles is that it accentuates a woman's curves, hugging the body from the neckline until the knees where it flares out and gives the illusion of a mermaid's tail.
If you're looking for a wedding gown that will give you that va va voom bombshell shape, the mermaid silhouette is for you.
What's the Difference Between a Mermaid, Trumpet, and Fit and Flare Dress?
This is a common question for brides, as all three styles are similar, but they do have unique qualities and design features.
- Dramatic design
- Highlights the mid-section and enhances curves
- Fits tight across the body and abruptly flares below the knee
- Pulls the legs in, so not as easy to move in
- Best for hourglass shape
- More gradual flare than the mermaid silhouette
- Fits snug across the body until the mid-thigh
- Open skirt that creates the shape of a trumpet
- Best for hourglass-shaped brides who want a less constricting design
Fit and Flare:
- Hugs the body with a gradual flare
- Flare begins at the waistline and gives legs most room to move in
- Highlights the smallest part of the waist
- Best for pear shapes
Wearing a mermaid wedding dress down the aisle will give you that sexy, confident, bridal look. If you're ready to be a bombshell mermaid bride and say your "I dos" wearing this stunning style, take a look through our mermaid wedding dress collection and find the one that's perfect for you.